What are Backlinks in SEO and what are their advantages?
Hey readers, many of you might have started a new blog or website may be a few days or a few weeks ago. Your website must have been indexed by Google but it is placed in the 4th or 5th page of Google because of its algorithm. Many of you want to see your website on the first page of Google. Isn’t it? So lets start to know what are backlinks.
So without wasting time lets get started
A backlink is an incoming hyperlink coming from one website to another.
Many bloggers including me who have recently started their blog most often struggle to know what does ‘backlink’ means.
The process when a webpage links to another page is known as ‘Backlink’. Earlier, backlinks were a major factor in ranking a website. Websites with a large amount of backlink used to rank up higher in search engines. Today also, this is true to some extent.
Why are Backlinks important?
- It is still one of the biggest ranking factors of Google
- It is basically a vote from one website to another.
- The more relevant votes it gets the more Google will value it.
- Referral traffic
Link Quality and Link Juice/Equity
- Every individual incoming link will have its own quality score (Page Rank).
- Link Juice /Equity is the value and authority that one website passes it to the other.
- Relevance, Authority, Location, and more impact the Link Juice.
- OBL will determine how much of the Link Juice you will get.
What are the common words related to Backlink?
- Link Juice: It is the most used term used in SEO. It is an SEO term describing the value of backlinks to a webpage. A good quantity of quality hyperlinks is one of the most important factors for gaining top rankings in the Google search engine.
- DoFollow: A link that allows Link Juice to pass to the linked website is a DoFollow Link
- Example- <a href= “https://gyaanibaba.desi”>Gyaanibaba</a>
- NoFollow: A link that doesn’t allow Link Juice to pass to the linked website is NoFollow link
- Example: <a href=” “https://gyaanibaba.desi” “rel=”nofollow”>Gyaanibaba</a>
- Linking Root Domain: This amounts to the number of backlinks coming into your site from an extraordinary space. Regardless of whether a site has connected to your site ten times, it may be considered as one linked root domain.
- Internal Links: Links that are moving between various pages inside a similar website are called Internal Links.
- Example: How to rank your website in top on Google? If you click this link it will open the article which is inside this website only.
- Anchor Text: Anchor tells Google what the webpage is about. Anchors help describe images, programs and databases and also crawl them.
Before I discuss the benefits of backlinks, you have to realize that much has changed concerning backlinks in the recent years.
In the past even low-quality connections helped in positioning a site. Be that as it may, as far back as Google revealed its Penguin calculation, the entire scene of backlinking has changed.
It is imperative to have backlinks from quality destinations, and those backlinks ought to be relevant. On the off chance that, for instance, you have a site about fish, and you are making backings from other specialty sites about monkeys, these connections will be of no utilization. Your objective ought to be to get joins from legitimate and important sites.
1. Organic Ranking gets improved :
Backlinks help in getting better rankings in search engines.
On the off chance that any of your content is getting organic links from different websites, that content will normally rank higher with web search tools.
Your objective ought to be to make links to singular posts/pages alongside those leading your homepage.
2. Faster Indexing:
Backlinks help search engine bots find connections to your website and slither your webpage adequately.
Particularly for newer site, it is critical to get backlinks as they help in the quicker disclosure and indexing of your site.
3. Referral Traffic:
One of the major benefits of backlinks is that they help get referral traffic.
Usually, referral traffic is targeted and has a low bounce rate.
What are some of the ways to get quality backlinks for your website?
- Write awesome articles
- Use Broken link building method
- Create cornerstone articles (Piller articles)
- Start guest blogging
- Submit to web directories