How to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon in Windows 10?
Many of you might be getting an annoying error message “Your Windows License will Expire Soon” on your Windows 10 computer. It can be indeed an annoying issue if you are someone who has purchased a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft states that if you have a genuine Windows version in any of the previous versions like Windows 7 or Windows 8, you should be able to upgrade to Windows 10 without any issues and in turn retain your activation key. Even then, you may come across a situation where you encounter the error message without any issues on your part.
How to Fix “Your Windows License Will Expire Soon” in Windows 10?
The major reason that can cause this error can be your system detecting your Windows 10 as a standalone installation rather than viewing it as an upgrade. You have a three month trial period, and thus you may not find the error affecting you right away as soon as you upgrade.
Why would you come across the Error message?
Well, several reasons can bring up the issue on your Windows installation. The major issues that you would be affected include:
- The Error Message Pops Up Repeatedly – This can be one of the huge issues as you will find the pop up coming up every now and then. The pop up will come up each time you launch a program.
- Windows Activated, but you get License will expire soon message – This is the most common issues you would come across quite frequently. You may get this error pop up no matter whether you activated or not.
- Issues with specific devices – The error popup may affect the systems manufactured by some specific This may be due to the incompatibility issues with the manufacturer software or similar other issues.
Use Command Promt Option
- Launch Command Prompt from START .You may also launch it by typing in CMD in the search bar and selecting it from the search results.
- Ensure that you have chosen Run As Administrator.
- Type in the command here below at the Command Prompt.
- You should get the Command Completed Successfully message indicating that the command has been executed.
- Now reboot your system for the changes to take effect.
Once your device has rebooted, head over to Settings and then to the Activation pane. You can reach their through Settings -> Update and Security -> Activation.
- Click on the Change Product key Make sure you have your product key with you.
Enter your licensed Product key in the space provided.
Ensure that you are adding the Product Key exactly as it appears on your license document.
Your Windows should now get activated. Make sure that you have entered the Product Key properly.
2. Use Windows License Management Service
- Type in service.msc in the search and choose the Services App from the search results.
- Next, you will need to disable two services from running. This will ensure that you will not come across the License Expiry Pop-ups
- Choose Windows License Management Service from among the services running.
- Disable the service as shown below. You will need to stop the service first and then disable it.
- Repeat the procedure with Windows Update service as well.
3. Use Activation Troubleshooter
- Launch Settings and then Update and Security
- Choose the Activation
- Click on the Troubleshooter option to start the troubleshooter.
- The Troubleshooter will begin detecting the issues with your activation and apply the correct fixes automatically.
4.Check if You have Applied the correct product Key
A wrong product key can also be a culprit at times. You can find the right product key by checking the email that you received after your purchase. It should also be printed on the CD or DVD that your Windows came with.
If you do not have access to either of these options, you may check your Product Key from the Command Prompt.
- Launch Command Prompt and run it as an administrator.
- Execute the following command
wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
- Once you find your Product Key, you may go to the Activation pane on your Update and Security under Settings and change the Product Key if it is different from what you have entered.
IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS TO FIX THIS ISSUE THEN PLEASE SHARE WITH US
If you like our posts then please follow us on Facebook to support us
Also read – Pobyt – Pay per minute stay in hotels